The Drayton Green Primary School Science Curriculum showing what is taught, and when. We follow the National Curriculum for science, which was revised in September 2014. Our aim is to ensure that all pupils:
- develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
- develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them
- are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
We will enable pupils to carry out scientific enquiries and work scientifically. They will be given regular opportunities to:
- observe over time
- look for patterns in their observations and results
- identify, classify and group
- carry out controlled investigations using comparisons and fair testing methodology
- research using secondary sources
- present their findings clearly, precisely and coherently, using scientific vocabulary.